Tuesday, January 11, 2011

chocolate chip muffins recipe

sorry about that--I am a blogger virgin--it's all new to me!
2 C flour
1/2 C white sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c milk (I'd do 1 c)
1/3 c vegetable oil
1 egg
(I'd add a tsp or so of vanilla)
3/4 c chocolate chips
3 T white sugar
2 T brown sugar

1. Heat oven to 400' F. Line tin with baking cups
2. Combine flour, 1/2 c sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips and salt; mix well. In a smaller bowl, combine mile, oil and egg (and vanilla); blend well. Combine wet and dry ingredients; stif just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter still lumpy)
3. Fill muffin cips. Sprinkle tops of muffins before baking with a combination of 3 T sugar and 2 T brown sugar.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes (too long, I suggest about 18). Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment